Saturday 15 June 2013

Printing Day at PeterPainterPrintmaker Studio Sheffield

I have been slowly working my way (for about 2 years now) towards a session at the PeterPainterPrintmaker studio in Sheffield. I really enjoyed my first time using an etching press and creating a dry point plate as well as a collagraph plate. Peter was so patient and helpful. He helped me when I required it and had many tools (love the roulettes), inks and mediums to work with not to mention the array of presses he has in his studio now. The sessions are very fairly priced and its a hive of action and creative spirit.
       I hope to share with you my print when I return to the studio this week as my collagraph plate wasnt dry enough last week to print from. I will mostly be preparing plates at home in future and go to the studio to ink and use the presses mainly. Heres a couple of photos of his studio set up:



No comments:

Post a Comment